AECT's Annual Achievement Award is presented to an individual or group making a significant contribution to the advancement of educational communications and technology during a recent period in advance of the AECT annual convention. The contribution is defined as a public event, established program, creative application, or other activities and accomplishments.
- Nominee may be an individual or a group.
- Achievement must be timely and generally no more than 12 months prior to nomination deadline.
- The nominee(s) need not be a member of AECT.
- Award may be given to the same individual or group more than once.
Nature, impact and quality of the achievement.
Quality of support from additional references or contributors to the nomination.
All required documentation submitted.
Nominations are coordinated and reviewed by the AECT Awards Committee and recommendations for the award recipient(s) are forwarded to the AECT Executive Committee for consideration and approval by the AECT Board. A review team led by a member of the AECT Awards Committee and comprised of selected committee members and non-members including a previous award winner recommends to the Chair candidates to be forwarded.
The nomination's supporting documentation should include:
- The specific achievement being honored.
- The achievement's impact or anticipated impact in the field of educational technology.
- The role the nominee or the group played in this achievement.
To submit a nomination please click here
to access online nomination form.
Comments from an additional three references or co-nominators must be submitted in order for the nomination to be considered. An email will be sent to each reference or co-nominator requesting comments.
Nature of Award:
Awards ceremony during General Session at the AECT annual convention.
Funding and Support:
Aug. 15, 2017
Jay Harriman, AECT Awards Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org