* Call for Proposals
* AECT Impact Talks - New
* Featured Research
* D&D Showcase Call
* Emerging Tech Showcase
- Effective Proposals
- Proposal Portal - Login Here
Featured Research Papers
Sponsored by the Research & Theory Division
Sessions: November 8 - November 11, 2017
Deadline: February 6, 11:59PM (EST), 2017
As the premier professional organization in instructional design and technology, AECT actively fosters the dissemination of important research findings. In order to encourage a greater number of high-quality research paper presentations at our annual convention, the Research & Theory Division will feature a small number of research paper sessions.
- A few sixty-minute concurrent convention sessions will be devoted for presentation and discussion of Featured Research papers.
- Each presenter will present his or her paper, followed by critique, comment, and synthesis by a noted discussant and question-and-answer by audience members.
Nature of the Studies
- Featured Research papers will report on a completed research study that has not been published in a journal nor previously presented at a conference.
- The paper should describe an empirical study that used primarily quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods.
- In all cases, a study must involve the collection of data. Literature reviews, papers describing theories unaccompanied by supporting data, and other non-data-based papers will not be considered for this type of session.
- A study must have been conducted and the data analyzed at the time a proposal is submitted.
- Submission Deadline:February 6, 11:59PM (EST), 2017. You must submit your proposal using the online submission form. Read the guidelines for electronic submissions.
Be sure to select the submission group, 'Featured Research' to submit your paper.
- Enter your proposal in the online proposal form, following the directions provided. After you submit your proposal, you will receive electronic notification that it has been received. The peer review process begins shortly after the submission deadline.
Notification of Acceptance as a Featured Research Paper
Authors of accepted Featured Research papers must submit their full papers to their discussant/facilitator by midnight September 1, 2017. Authors who fail to submit their paper by this deadline will not be allowed to present their paper at the conference and will not appear in the convention program as a Featured Research paper.
Papers not accepted for Featured Research may be forwarded to an appropriate division for consideration.
Given the concentrated effort and commitment of a large number of people that goes into one being accepted into the Featured Research Program, presenters should make certain they can attend.
As is true for all convention presentations, presenters must obtain written permission to use copyrighted photos, music, and the like in their sessions. In addition, all presenters are expected to follow the AECT Code of Ethics found on the AECT Web site (http://www.aect.org/intranet/publications/ethics/index.html).
Presenters are required to assume responsibility for all costs associated with the presentation, including convention registration, travel, lodging, handout materials.
Questions regarding proposals submitted as a Featured Research should be directed to Grace Oh at email@example.com.