Design and Development's Description
Leading Learning for Change: The goal of the convention is for participants from around the globe to network and to learn from the experiences and activities of the convention, enriching their lives and their professional and practical skills. Design and Development members promote quality teaching and learning through the application of instructional design to:
• Design effective and satisfying learning experiences
• Apply learning theory in innovative ways, advancing theory development,
• Develop instructional materials and support learning environments that are optimal to support learning,
• Evaluate the impact of instruction, assessing learning gain, and implementation quality and fidelity,
• Conduct research on effective design practices, and
• Plan for and manage implementation of instructional projects and research
We are particularly interested in proposals that are the results of empirical research, that focus on a theory or concept, and/or that focus on the practice of instructional design and development. We have accepted proposals in the following three areas:
Practice Proposals: Proposals reporting on the practice of instructional design and development should describe effective practice in innovative instructional designs, effective instructional tools, and/or new instructional development approaches. Each should be the result of design-based or development research efforts investigating instructional design approaches or interventions. The practice proposal is not a show-and-tell demonstration.
Research Proposals: Qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method empirical studies should describe completed research that involved the collection and analysis of data, and/or meta-analyses of existing published research..
Theory/Concept Proposals: Must address a theoretical construct, analysis of related research, and original recommendations for future research and/or development.
Please indicate the type of proposal (presentation) in the first sentence of your abstract, e.g., "This research proposal reports a study ...".
For questions regarding proposals for Design and Development please contact Albert Ritzhaupt, email@example.com.